Rooster hates you, we judge you.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Smurftastic's EuroTrip: It's So Hard to Say Goodbye

1:36 pm: Somewhere over the Atlantic, near Halifax, Nova Scotia

Finally on the way home from the long ordeal-slash-extensive awesomeness that was my trip to Europe for summer 2007. Yes, thought I’d stick with the Boyz II Men theme.

Basic point:

1) Rome is AWESOME. I can’t wait to go back.
2) Penis boxer/biker shorts may seem inappropriate at first, but are both rather comfortable and hilarious. Especially when your mom buys them for you. EEEEWWW.

So now to the real bulk of this entry (cause I’ve been going a bit overboard, I know)… but I just re-watched 3 episodes of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and the finale for the first time. Wow. I have officially just made a personal vow to myself that I will watch any Aaron Sorkin produced show for at least one season. In addition, Bradley Whitford is a fantastic actor, and I’ll pretty much see anything with him in it as well. It took me a while to get over the hump of him being the weasel guy in Billy Madison… but this show basically did it for me. Also, if the season comes out on DVD (which I’m sure it will)… here is my official request for someone to get it for me for Christmas. I LOVE THIS SHOW… also loved the casual “Friends” interjection at the end, Matthew Perry/Chandler Bing… I LOVE YOU!


The final 4 episodes seemed to my untrained (but entertainment business addicted) eyes to be filled with many possible Emmy nods. For example:

Best Actor:

Bradley Whitford
Matthew Perry (? – as a loyal Chandler Bing fan, I do have to say he was amazing, but *ouch*, not quite as gripping as Whitford)

Best Supporting Actor:
Steven Weber
Timothy Busfield
D.L. Hughley (can’t believe I just typed that… remember the Hughleys??? Neither does anyone else.)
Nathan Corddry

Best Writing

Best Producer

Best Dramatic Series

Best New Series

OK, in short (well, not so short) this was a great show and it’s too bad it won’t be on anymore. Seriously, I know I’ve been raving about a show that not very many people watched, and that is no longer going to be on in new episodes, but seriously, I highly recommend anyone who likes smart television that isn’t too heavy but also not slapstick or cheesy to check it out. That should be everyone, cause this show was the shit. That is all. I am 1 hour and 40 minutes from Newark, and can’t wait to get home to normalcy.

This normalcy will involve drinking lots of tap water, skim milk, and eating blue box mac and cheese. Easy to please, I am. PEACE!

No comments: