Rooster hates you, we judge you.

Monday, June 4, 2007

Smurftastic's EuroTrip ... In Transit

6:51 am. Lisbon Airport.

I’m in Europe officially now for the next month, and I’ll try to rock some blog updates, although once I actually start having to learn things, it will be less often/exciting.

Just got off a relatively uneventful flight from Newark. Guy next to me was rather fat and hairy and kept hitting my hand off of the handrest, but whatever. One day when I’m rich, I’ll fly business class. A little angry at the movie choices. Wanted to watch Music and Lyrics to satisfy my inappropriate Hugh Grant obsession, but the sound wasn’t working for the first 10 minutes, so I ended up watching Catch and Release with Jennifer Garner, hoping that on the next go around, the other semi crappy romantic comedy would work. They only ran the movies you could choose once. Damn you Air Portugal. My only choice at that point was watching the Astronaut Farmer. No thanks… Billy Bob Thornton pre-dawn just seemed like a sub-par idea. But Catch and Release was less shitty than I thought it would be, considering Jennifer Garner usually bugs the crap out of me. If you like chick flicks, check it out. Otherwise, the funny Kevin Smith moments are too few and far between.

Also, when you fly from the US, it is rather unexpected that flight attendants will look at you like you’re stupid when you speak English. Luckily, I speak Portugese. Well, 2 words. “Fart” and “Gesundheit”. Thank YOU Renata, my foreign exchange student when I was 10.

Otherwise, my first official visit to Portugal has gone well. And for you people who think it doesn’t count cause I’m just in the airport, SUCK IT. I had to take a bus from the plane to the terminal. That counts. AND they stamped my passport. Special thanks to the person in the customs line who kept letting out some rank farts, and to the small children and family behind me who didn’t understand what respecting personal space was.

Already being exposed to the excessive smoking in Europe… the smoking section of the airport in Portugal is just a stand in the middle of a main walkway with ashtrays in it. I’m pretty sure I’m going to smell like a night out at the bars in Champaign for the majority of this trip, and I’m ok with that.

AND I have officially indulged in one of my favorite European treats. Fanta. Yes, orange Fanta. And before you tell me, I am fully aware that they have it in the states, but it is made differently in Europe, and much more delicious. I think it might have real juice in it or something. Or else just pure joy. I think I like it as much as DJ Victorious likes Shamrock Shakes. Man it’s delish. I may need to buy another before I get on the plane. Cept it cost 2.50 Euro. Stupid exchange rate. Anyway, Fanta is Fantabulous. I had a friend in high school who once ordered a case from Europe off the internet. It’s that good. If you ever get the chance, you MUST try some European Fanta. I may like it almost as much as Diet Coke (and for anyone who ever met me, that is a big deal). God, if it had caffeine in it, I could venture to say that I like it more than beer. Tough call. If it had alcohol AND caffeine, it would be a more delicious version of Sparxx. I should really work for Coca-Cola and tell them my excellent new drink ideas. The liquor-caffeine version of European Fanta will be called Fantabulous. Can you tell I’ve been on a plane for 6 hours with only 45 mins of sleep?

ANNNND I’m officially already pleased with my decision to bring my computer to Europe. Tetris and ITunes in an airport??? DONE and DONE.

Oh, one more random movie review: DJ Victorious and I went to see Knocked Up… Highly recommend. For guys, I’d call it a rental… but definitely worth a watch nonetheless. Ok, seriously, I’m playing Tetris now, cause the free internet doesn’t want to work with me. Peace out.

No comments: